QMK - 122016 SENIOR QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER - KUWAIT
The Impresa Pizzarotti & C. S.p.A., a general construction company, working in Italy and abroad, is looking for a Quality Control Manager to be included in the organization of a construction site in Kuwait.
The Quality Control Manager will create, prepare and implement the QA/QC plan and any associated and relevant directives and instructions needed to support the plan. The main duties will be to develop and manage the quality control and quality assurance procedures and ensure that the product or service provided fits the purpose and meets requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Establish and maintain procedures to develop standard documentation for construction works and quality control and assurance for the project
• Develop written procedures for quality control/quality assurance.
• Develop standard quality control procedures to be performed by the contractors/subcontractors.
• Verify that quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
• Perform needed tests on site to ensure conformity of material and works according to the contract specifications.
• Ensure that contractors comply with works’ specifications.
• Internal audit of design, procurement, installation and commissioning activities and supplier audits of subcontractors as considered necessary
• Assist with nonconformance reporting and remedial action, as required.
• Create a Document Management System which will be used to register, organize, maintain, issue and distribute the project plans, documentation, drawings and records.
• Implement a project-wide platform to facilitate all contractually significant communications, document distributions, workflow routines, and other processes necessary to design and deliver a project
• Collation, control and maintenance of quality records
• Provision of weekly and monthly project reporting at various levels
• Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and completed for turnover.
• Knowledge of Total Quality Management and Methodologies
• Knowledge of British / American standard.
• Exceptional communication skills
• University Degree Engineering level qualification.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in QA/QC Management, 5 of which as QC manager.
• Fluent in English (Spoken and written)
• International experience in Design and Build Hospital would be considered beneficial.
The position is based in Kuwait.